Certificate expired (apache-ssl)

Hello. I have installed apache-ssl, and it generated a self-signed
certificate which has expired recently. What should I do to renew it, or
regenerate it? I haven't found a clear answer to this googling or in the
documentation (probably because I don't know where to look or I don't know
how this certificate thing really works). I'm lost in information. There was
a posting to this list with a similar problem,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/01/msg03678.html but no one replied
(the original poster specifically wanted to renew the existing certificate;
I don't mind generating a new one).

Any help? Thanks,

    	  	 		Victor