Re: swap space size

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 21:42 +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 12:03:42AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > "Gilbert, Joseph" <jgilbert@insuresuite.com> writes:
[snip]

> Well, boards that can take 4G are common these days, but there's a
> limit of 2G on swap size (at least up to 2.4; don't know offhand if
> it's changed for 2.6). Beyond that you have to go to multiple swap
> partitions.
>
> I tend to allocate the maximum 2G because disk space is so cheap these
> days. I have used most of it on one occasion - running spice
[snip]

So as not to be limited by partition definitions, which are un-
changeable (unless you wipe your system), I've gone to page *files*
in kernel 2.6, because of the increased performance, and flexibility.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

Welfare Democracies will only work, in the long term, if the
"recipients" of the wealth given to them by the earners use that
wealth to become earners themselves. Unfortunately, only a small
% of "recipients" seem to be availing themselves of the
opportunity.