Re: SB Live! with 2.6.8.1 kernel

Hello

Glenn Meehan (<glenn.meehan@optusnet.com.au>) wrote:

> I'm having problems getting my sound card (SB Live!) working with the
> kernel 2.6.8.1.
>
> It was working fine with 2.4.26.
>
> Which kernel options should I use?  Should I create modules or compile
> into the kernel?

Kernel 2.6 comes with both ALSA and OSS drivers. It is very likely that
discover/hotplug try to load both and beacuse of that the card does not
work properly. Make sure the alsa-base and alsa-oss packages are
installed, and that /etc/hosplug/blacklist.d/alsa-base is present. Also
disable or deinstall discover if you don't need it, or make sure it
won't load the emu10k1 module. hotplug should load the necessary alsa
drivers, all you need to do after that is to set the volume.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976