Re: cdrecord permissions problem in 2.6.8

> There was a problem in 2.6.8 kernel where a normal user could not burn
> CD's using cdrecord. I experienced that problem and installed 2.6.7,
> which did not suffer that problem. I am wondering, is that problem fixed
> now? I am planning to compile the 2.6.8 kernel source package from Debian.

Are you sure this a problem related to the kernel and not simply the
permissions of the /dev/<whatever> for your burner and/or the
SETUID-ness of the 'cdrecord' program?

Install XCDRoast (there's a deb), and as root check out the setup menu,
it has a button somewhere under than menu that will change the
permissions of the needed programs as required.

Alexis