grace6 broken??

Hi. I'm running Sarge and wanted to know if this problem is just on my
computer, and if there are any suggestions to fixing this, or if I
should file a bug report.

The grace install works fine with Sarge, but I can't get the install of
grace6 to work. If I start with xmgrace, or gracebat, I get:
Broken or incomplete installation - read the FAQ!

I followed suggestions in the FAQ about setting the GRACE_HOME
environment....but to no avail.
I've tried  downloading the deb and using dpkg instead of apt-get....I
get the same error at runtime.

Also, the installed size of grace6 (3408 kb) is smaller than grace (4358
kb) which it replaces. Is it possible there grace6 has dependencies, or
conflicts, which are not flagged in the install?

Thanks in advance.