Re: losing vc cursor

Johann Spies(jspies@sun.ac.za) is reported to have said:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:57:15AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Hi Debian!
> >
> > At times I lose my cursor in a vc.
> > Is there a way to try to get it back?
> > This is probably related to the fact that I use 2.6.7-Ruby multi-user
> > Linux. I'll ask there...
>
> I sometimes lose my cursor on the tty's.  I suspect the cursor becomes
> black.  I then repair it with the following:
>
> ==============
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo -e '\033[?86c'
> ==============
>
> I don't know whether this might help in your case.

Thanks Johann!  I don't know why it worked, but it did(!!) and this
time I didn't have rxvt ot xterm running!  This is going to be a tough
one to find the cause of as it 'seems' now to be caused by X in
general.

At least now editing in vim will be easier, it sure was hard to figure
out where the cursor was, when is was black.  ;-)

Tkanks again...

Wayne
--
Keyboard not connected, press to continue.