Re: Sounds off in bash

Incoming from Otto Wyss:
> In bash rather many time the speaker sounds. Unfortunately my speaker is
> so loud I had to disconnect it. Since that isn't a permanent solution is
> does anyone know how to disable any sound in bash?

There's a few ways:

  xset b 0

will tell X not to use it.  You could follow that up with some X
resources (in ~/.Xresources):

  XTerm*VisualBell:                  true
  XTerm*VT100*visualBell:            true
  *Rxvt*visualBell:                  true

> There is a readline variable "bell-style" but I can't figure out how to
> us it. I can't find the file "inputrc.

Don't know readline, sorry.  You can make your own ~/.inputrc - I
don't use it but some do to tweak their keyboard character set
handling.

- -