Re: USB wireless

Tom Kuiper wrote:

> Does anyone know of a USB wireless device that can be used under Linux
> without too much effort?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom
> --
> Internet:       kuiper@DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
> SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109
> Phone/fax:      (818) 354-5623/8895
> WWW:            http://DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov/~kuiper/
> Required disclaimer: Any opinion expressed herein is my own.

Hi Tom,

I hope my post isn't lost in the flood of replies to your question.

When you put "USB", "wireless", and "Linux" in the same sentence, it's
probably not going to be easy.  I had quite a struggle getting the USB
wireless module (Prism 2) built into my Shuttle XPC box to work under the
2.6 kernel.  Pure tenacity eventually won out.

Do it.  Somebody may send you a tee-shirt announcing the accomplishment.

Roby