Re: rar issue

> Jule Slootbeek wrote:
> Hey all,
> Lately i've been noticing something strange with unrar, once in a
while
> i'll get some rarred archives, and when i try to unrar then using
unrar.
> every file fails to extract. When i unrar the same archive on a
windows
> machine it works fine. Are there any unrar substitutes?

> thx

> -JSS
>--

What version of unrar are you using? Have you tried to use the t
option to test the rar files for problems? Like this;
unrar t /some/file/name.  You could always use rar, make sure its a
new version. Are these files on floppy, or downloaded to hard drive?

Also are any par2, or par files with the archive? That way you can
rebuild the archive with the par files, and any corruption that did
happen will be able to be solved. In general if your using rar files
of all sorts you really should be using par files as a general
backup, against corruption. Unless you make a backup copy of the rar
files, or keep good back ups. Most people that I find do not do this,
they assume that their archive will be intact, and forget to backup.

Rthoreau