Exim chained authentication.

So I have a laptop that I mainly use to check my e-mail. The mail sits on a server, and I access it using IMAP over SSL, and I send mail by connecting to the server via SMTP where Exim (version 3) sits. Mozilla Thunderbird authenticates the connection, and the e-mail is sent.

What I'd like to do is have Exim also installed on my local machine, so that I deliver mail from MUAs directly to 127.0.0.1, at which point Exim will then transport/route the mail to the server. I see in the Exim configuration how to route, but I don't see how to route using authentication. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

	Luke Reeves
	http://www.neuro-tech.net/