Re: /etc/iftab

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:17:59 +0100, john gennard <joney@clara.co.uk> wrote:

I'm still struggling to get my USB Belkin Wireless Adaptor working
with either Sarge or Unstable. Progress is painfully slow.

Should ifrename automatically create /etc/iftab, or am I required
to do so manually? Also, does anyone know where I can see
some samples of /etc/iftab files?

Can anyone assist, please.

Don't know if can help ypu, but here
http://chrismetcalf.net/wiki/index.php/LinuxUberNetworkingHowto there
are some info using iftab and ifrename command.

Thank you - that URL (which I didn't find when googling) has given
me some simplified and clear help.

In the meantime, I've ascertained that /etc/iftab is not created
by default at the moment.

John