Re: screen resolution

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:33:50 +0530, Aniruddha Kibey
<k.aniruddha@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
>        I have a Philips 107E5 monitor with a vesa card am am runing
> SARGE. My screen resolution is stuck with 800X600 or 640X480 . I want
> to change it to a higher resolution . Is it possible for my hardware
> configuration.
>          regards

If you look on this maling list archive you'll find plenty of answer
to this kind of question. To save you the 5 min search effort, from
root use the command "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and at the
monitor section choose advanced and insert the max supported
frequencies values of your monitor (on google i've found Freq.
Horiz./Vert.: 30-70KHz / 50-160KHz, to be sure check in your monitor
manual). This should be enough...

Andrea