Re: Install/Upgrade/Use ext3 or xfs

Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

On Friday 15 October 2004 22:29, Eric Wagar wrote:
How do I install and use ext3 or xfs filesystems
from the  initial install?  I see a lot of
documentation
on how to convert, but I'd like to get them
running

from the beginning.
Boot a Knoppix CD and do a "chroot install"
What is a "chroot install"?  You mean boot Knoppix and
then within one of its shells, to load the Debian CD's
and install?
Hi,
Use "chroot install" to install the Knoppix to a hard drive. Knoppix is based on Debian, so I assume Roberto means "chroot install" using just your Knoppix CD, that's it. (Never tried it myself, though, I installed Debian from the internet, using 2 floppies.)

Sylvain.

I may be missing something, but you suggest to install Knopix over Debian? I have to admit I do not have all the previous conversation in my mail box. Sorry for that. I usually just read and try to learn, so when I am doing something and run into problem I go into my saved disscusition and pull the one out.
ed.