Re: vcd/ video dvd howto

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:56:12 -0400
Carl Fink disseminated the following:

> > Could anybody tell me where can i find any information about
> > how to write (copy) a video dvd or cd? I need dvd, but maybe
> > some are interested in cd, maybe the same way.
>
> I'm no expert, but the HOWTOs are at the Linux Documentation Project,
> http://tldp.org.

This page has a lot of info on DVD/VCD ripping and copying:

http://dvdripping-guid.berlios.de/Divx-to-VCD_en.html

That's where I got this script, which does DVD ripping, converting AVI to VCD,
etc.

http://hammelmann.gmxhome.de/mencvcd

For copying DVD's this has always seemed to be highly recommended, though I've
never tried it myself:

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
16:17:01 up 72 days, 16:06, 5 users, load average: 0.35, 0.25, 0.19