Reclaiming Windows ptn for Linux (was: Re: )

Incoming from P P PRASAD:

> Can you guide me in following case :
> We are having a System having 2 HDDs C & D . On C Windows 2000 Server
> is installed and on D Red Hat 9 is installed. Now D is nearly full.
> We want to format C and extend it for Linux.
> My hitch is if I delete partition of C, The system won't boot and I

You shouldn't need to delete the partition.  You should be able to
reclaim it from within Linux.  Ensure your Windows ptn isn't mounted.
Run fdisk /dev/hda, mark the partition type Linux, then mkfs /dev/hda1

Please use the Subject: line in your mails next time.

- -