hdparm -U

Hi,

I used the command hdparm -U 1 /dev/hdc1 to unregister the ide1 interface.

The PC responded with:
attempting to unregister hwif#1

But that's it. And as far as I understand the C code, than -U doesn't really
do antything. I only found:

if (unregister_hwif) {
	printf(" attempting to unregister hwif#%u\n", hwif);
	if (ioctl(fd, HDIO_UNREGISTER_HWIF, hwif))
		perror(" HDIO_UNREGISTER_HWIF failed");
}

IMHO: hdparm -U only prints one line if successful and that's it. What did I
miss????

---
Alles Kaufen und Verkaufen! eBay.at - der eigene Marktplatz für Österreich.
http://www.austronaut.at/ebay.php