Re: Mouse Scrolling Troubles

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:44:49 -0400, Noah Durell <noah.durell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> My mouse (Logitech usb optical dell mouse, not sure of the exact name)
> seems to have lost its wheel scrolling abilities under KDE.  This
> happened after attempting to install the 2.6.8 kernel and reverting
> back to the 2.4.27 kernel.  Anyway, I have tried many configurations
> in the XFConfig-4 file and none of them seem to work.

If you use the program 'xev' and look at the console output, do events
get generated for moving the wheel? If so, paste the contents into an
email.

Also see if your scroll wheel generates horizontal scroll events- i.e.
resize a KDE window too short on the horizontal axis so you have a
scrollbar and see if the wheel moves it. That can happen sometimes (I
have to remap my 4,5 and 6,7 buttons)

--
Jon Dowland
dowland@gmail.com