Re: Mouse Scrolling Troubles

try changing the protocol delimiter from "Auto" to "ImPS/2". Auto might have set it to PS/2 in which case you get strange scrolling behavior.

-JSS

Noah Durell wrote:
Hello,
My mouse (Logitech usb optical dell mouse, not sure of the exact name)
seems to have lost its wheel scrolling abilities under KDE.  This
happened after attempting to install the 2.6.8 kernel and reverting
back to the 2.4.27 kernel.  Anyway, I have tried many configurations
in the XFConfig-4 file and none of them seem to work.  Here is what I
have for the mouse in this file now:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "Auto"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

What other files should I be looking at?  /etc/modules?

Thanks in advance,
Noah

--
Jule Slootbeek