adding a non-packaged extension to mozilla-firefox

I wonder which is the preferred way to add an extension to mozilla-firefox

going to www.mozilla.org, finding an extension and clicking on the "install" icon does not seem to work (i tried reloading firefox, calling update-mozilla-firefox-chrome, searching for "firefox extension" on this list without good luck)

I would only like to install the single-window extension on my own computer ...

thank you in advance

--

                               Riccardo Vestrini
                              <riccardov@sssup.it>