Re: What means that: FATAL: udev is already active on /dev/. ?

Sebastiaan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Christian Leimer wrote:
>
>> Christian Leimer wrote:
>>
>> > Sebastiaan wrote:
>> >

>> I today moved a /dev folder from an other clean sarge disk and this fixed
>> it. However! I now have a /dev which seems to be created by udev and I
>> have an .dev where all the old stuff is. Is this the debian way?
>>
>> Bye Chris.
>>
> I can't find /.dev or /dev/.dev on my system running udev. Running Sarge,
> 2.6.8.1.
>
> Greetz,
> Sebas
>

> --
>
> English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use
> of 'In principle ...'
>
> The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed
> Linux.
>
> Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel
> jongeren rondrennen in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren
> naar monotone electronische muziek. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)

If I boot from another system the .dev is gone.
But booting back in the troble maker shows the .dev and with the contents of
an old /dev only null and console and I can not delete this it says it is
in use. If I delete the content of .dev the system does not boot.

Very curios what happens here.
Also an other disk at sdb is not recognized.

Anyone that I can reinstall to fix the system.

Ciao Chris.