Re: iptables troubles

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:37:35 +0200, Pim Bliek wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to get a firewall running, but I am no
> networking expert.
> I use Debian Sid, and kernel 2.4.25-1-386 (yes I need
> to upgrade ;)).
(...)
> Regards,
> Pim Bliek

you must add something like this, addapt to your script
variables.
iptables -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -m state --state
NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -p tcp -s $UNIVERSE -d $EXTIP
--dport 80 -j ACCEPT

In the line above you specify that allow connections to
your host in port 80.

Also you can get excellent documentation in the
following link:
www.netfilter.org

just addapt this to your script.

I hope this help.

I recommend you that separate your rules in the
following order in your script

INPUT
OUTPUT
FORWARD
PREROUTING
POSTROUTING

in order to get it more readable.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)