Re: nVIDIA installation works....

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) wrote:

> Hi,
> nVidia installation work...
> I did it with the flag --kernel-name='KERNEL_NAME' and i don't know why
> but that helped for me.
> Changed my XFConfig file and now i first have a nVIDIA screen before i
> get into gnome so i assume that it's working.
>
> Only strange thing is that my max. Resolution seems 1024x768 and it's a
> new system that can do more than that.
> In my XFConfig file i have higher resolution filled in but that doesn't
> do anything.
> Anyone an idea ?

perhaps your monitor can't do higher than that. Newer monitors have DDC
(some protocol that reports their sync ranges to the video card). Have a
look at /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see why higher resolutions are rejected.

greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)