Re: New sarge install question

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Glyn Tebbutt wrote:

> Hi all
> i've recently used the new sarge-netinst image to
> install debian on both my desktop and server. Both
> worked a treat, but today somebody said to me i will
> have to reinstall again when the install becomes
> final. I presumed a apt-get update, apt-get
> dist-upgrade would simply keep me up to date.
>
> So whos right, me or him?
>
> Silly question i know, but i just want to qualify the
> question.

Your presumption is, as far as I know, correct. I don't know what the
other person meant by saying 'when the install becomes final', but once
installed, there isn't any reason to reinstall everything, except updates?

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)