Re: Serious problems after "apt-get dist-upgrade"

--- Carl Fink <carlf@fink.to> wrote:

> I'm an idiot, and I gave you bad advice.
>
> dpkg -r /var/cache/apt/archives would work and would
> resolve the
> dependencies (and would take a long time).

Carl,

It went through everything, and I'm not sure that the
above would do anything differently.  I ran it twice
thinking that some of the conflicts would be resolved
by the first go-through but I'm just going to start
over.  I tried several upgrade methods and I think I
learned what I need to do to get it right this next
time around.

Thanks all,

ejd