Re: xterm ignores XTerm*backarrowKey resource

Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
> On 2004-10-10 23:05:32 -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
>> Hi, all. I've got Sarge running on my laptop, and I'm having a
>> fairly annoying problem. To wit, xterm ignores my XTerm*backarrowKey
>> resource. I know it's taking some direction from my X resources,
>> because my XTerm*VT100*Translations resources are working,
>> XTerm*Background and XTerm*Foreground are being set, and so forth.

> I don't know if this would solve your problem, but you may try
> something like

> *VT100.backarrowKey:            true

That might be an improvement.  The issue as I understand it is that
more-specific patterns override more general ones.  The "." is more
specific, and (for example), if the app-defaults file contained an
"*" in the same position, the "." would override it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net