Re: xfce4 related questions

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:37:43 -0700 (PDT), Sergio Basurto
<basurto@canada.com> wrote:
> 1. The latest version is enough stable to install in a
> production server?, right now I have woody on it.

The "latest" version of XFCE is marked as beta and I find it runs fine
on my Sarge laptop. The latest stable version is pretty stable.
However, I wouldn't want to put an X11 server (ditto most X11 clients
- including XFCE) on any machine I termed "server" though.

> 2. I should have kde and gnome in order that xfce
> works?.

No. XFCE depends on some stuff that Gnome also depends on, but not
Gnome itself.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>