Re: What is PSM

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:04:45 -0400
Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> spake thus:

> Using mozilla, why, when I click on a link on godaddy.com, do I get a
> requestor saying:
>
>    "This document cannot be displayed unless you install the Personal
>    Security Manager (PSM). Download and install PSM and try again, or
>    contact your system administrator"
>
> What *is* PSM and why have I never had to deal with it before and where
> do I download it?

seems that depending on the way you build your system PSM is either
installed by default or not at all. In either case the easiest way to do
this if you used apt-get to install mozilla itself is simply to
apt-cache search psm / apt-get install psm.  It seems that Mozilla
doesn't work with https without this module. Slight inconvenience but
not hard to fix.

HTH

LukeK
--