Re: Serious problems after "apt-get dist-upgrade"

On Monday 11 October 2004 10:25 am, Thomas Adam wrote:
> COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | awk '/^ii/ {print $2}' | xargs apt-get --reinstall
> install

I took the liberty of making a script from this excellent tip:
<Begin Script>
#!/bin/bash

# This script *MUST* be ran either
#     as root or under sudo.

# The 'COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l' part
#     displays intalled packages

# The `awk '/^ii/ {print $2}' part
#     strips out the package names
#     from the previous list

# The 'xargs apt-get --reinstall install' part
#      uses each package name as an argument to
#      apt-get; 'the --reinstall install' tells
#      apt to reinstall the package if it is
#      already there

# If this gets word wrapped the following is all
#    on one line

COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l | awk '/^ii/ {print $2}' | xargs apt-get --reinstall
install

<End Script>
--
 "Is this an advocacy thread I see before me?
 That posts towards my spool?  Come, let me kill thee.