Re: ssh recovery

Jacob S wrote:

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:15:37 -0700
"Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@amfes.com> wrote:

My cable provider likes to disconnect me during especially long sessions. Usually when I've been making extension changes to some configuration file and haven't had a chance to save.

Sometimes when I reconnect - I can see the old ssh, bash, and editor processes still running. Is there a way to "recover" or switch to
those processes from my new connection?

I see others have already mentioned 'screen', so I won't mention it. (I
use it, it's a great tool.)

You might want to try using the ServerAliveInterval in your
~/.ssh/config file though, to keep from being disconnected by your isp
as frequently. 'man ssh_config' for more information.
I will indeed be investigating the possibilities of 'screen'. I don't think ServerAliveInterval will help me - the problem is my ISP (Cox Cable) dropping me and then re-connecting with a different IP address - which I assume will invalidate my ssh session.

--
Daniel