Re: adduser problem

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:45:34 -0500, Jim Hall wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I volunteer in my church's computer lab (hence my
email
> name) and
> advocate Linux where and whenever possible. We have a
> sarge system as a
> test system. A very knowledgeable Debian expert (call
> him Buddy) helped
> me set it up. I started getting used to it, especially
> apt, because I've
> been using RedHat since I started using Linux.
>
> About a year ago, my local LUG set up a small weekly
> newspaper with
> Linux. The workstations are dual boot W98/RedHat 7.3
> (don't ask, long
> story), the server is Debian (named debbie). Buddy set
> it up. He is
> very, very good, but had to do some customization
> (maybe a lot). After
> doing updates, upgrades, and dist-upgrades on the lab
> test system with
> no apparent ill effects, I thought it was time to do
> the same to the
> newspapers server. In the process I broke 'adduser'.
So
> far, the
> solution appears to involve LDAP. None of us seems to
> have much
> experience with that. Buddy has since moved and isn't
> responding to emails.
>
> The newspaper has been working on a series of articles
> about the
> switchover from Windoze to Linux. Right now they're
not
> very happy with
> Debian. Is there anyone who offers paid, secure
support
> for Debian?
> Donation to the Debian project is also acceptable.
> Remote access can be
> provided.
>
> I don't know if this is the correct thing to do, but
> I'm totally lost
> and don't know what else to do. I haven't included any
> specifics because
> I don't know what would be needed or if this list is
> the right place to
> post this request.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I can offer you my help for free of course, but it
shoul be via mail.
And if you post any question to this list, I am sure
that anyone of all the people in this list can help you.

1. what exactly you problem is?, you can not add a user?
2. which messages is sent to you by the program?
3. send the output and the command as you type it in
your linux box.

Regards. :)

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)