Enabling hyperthreading

I'm very sorry for asking the same question as I had
before.
But since googling doesn't help me much ( no luck I
guess or I'm just
too lazy ), I wonder if anybody here got good enough
how to to
enabling hyperthreading in my desktop debian.
I've got P4 3GHz Hyperthreading on Intel 865PERL
mainboard,
hyperthreading enable on BIOS.
I'm currently using sid 2.4.27 kernel with alsa
compiled.
I had tried to use 2.4.27-smp kernel and debian just
freeze at boot.
Some url to point me to right direction will be very
helpful.
Thanks in advance.

---me---