Re: ssh recovery

I'm not certain if this approach will do what you need, but it might be worth looking
into.  I use a program called "screen" to have multiple terminal windows running in
one ssh window.  The program also allows you to detach processes and reattach
them later.  People use this to connect remotely to a machine, detach the processes
they're working on and close down the remote machine, then go home and reattach
it on their main machine to pick up where they left off.  Perhaps there's a way you
could reattach your lost processes if they were run within screen?

Ben