Re: lockd: cannot unmonitor

> 1 lockd_down: lockd failed to exit, clearing pid
> 2 flushing ide devices: hda hdc
> 3 Power down.
> 4 lockd: cannot unmonitor 192.168.1.1
> 5 portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out

[snip]

> Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stanley.
> PS: if you need more info, let me know.

Hello Stanley,

yeah we know this problem. Is it a diskless nfs-client?
Just edit the /etc/init.d/halt script, at the end there should be the line

halt -d -f -i $poweroff $hddown

The "-i" option makes all network interfaces to be shutdown, but this seems
to be too early for diskless clients, just try to remove this option, so

halt -d -f $poweroff $hddown

If it works we should send a bug report.

Cheers,
 Bernd