Re: ALSA

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 04:18:09 -0700 (PDT), Roger Creasy
<roger_creasy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > i suspect hotplug is
> > module before the ALSA one, so i suggest you to
> > blacklist it, i.e. put
> > the OSS module name in your /etc/hotplug/blacklist
> > file.
> >

> Sounds logical to me. how/where do I find the OSS module?

The module name or "physically" the module itself?

As i've said, you don't give a lot of details, anyway "lsmod" will
show the loaded kernel modules, and "modprobe -l" will show all the
available kernel modules. In my case, a crappy integrated sound card,
the ALSA module is called "snd_via82xx" (isn't the only ALSA loaded
module...) instead the OSS is called "via82cxxx_audio" (note the
missing "snd_").

So without details i can't guess your soundcard and the module (aka
driver) it needs... =)

Andrea