Samba, part duex..

I am still having difficulty using samba on sarge.  Samba 3.0.7

As a reference, here is my smb.conf

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.0.104 (192.168.0.104)
# Date: 2004/10/08 22:05:09

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MSHOME
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        passdb backend = tdbsam, guest
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        unix password sync = Yes
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        os level = 70
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        ldap ssl = no
        invalid users = root
        use sendfile = No

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/lib/samba/printers

[lp]
        comment = Samsung ML-1430 Series (SPL)
        path = /tmp
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer name = lp
        use client driver = Yes
        oplocks = No
        share modes = No

Essentially, when I use any one of the 3 windows xp sp2 clients, and
go to "My Netowrk Places" and clikc on "View Workgroup Computers" I
get "MSHOME is not accessible, You might not have permissions to view
that network resource.  Contact the administrator....  The Network
path was not found."

Well, I decided to play with the server.

I found that when I type "smbclient -L localhost" into the server, I
get the following...

quack-attack:/root# smbclient -L localhost
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MSHOME] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-Debian]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        lp              Printer   Samsung ML-1430 Series (SPL)
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (quack-attack server (Samba 3.0.7-
Debian))
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (quack-attack server (Samba 3.0.7-
Debian))
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MSHOME] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-Debian]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        ABSPC
        ICU2
        LITTLEPRINCESS
        MINI-QD
        QUACK-ATTACK         quack-attack server (Samba 3.0.7-Debian)

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        MSHOME               QUACK-ATTACK

But when I use a login, I don't see the servers anymore...

quack-attack:/root# smbclient -L localhost -U pquack
Password:
Domain=[QUACK-ATTACK] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-Debian]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        lp              Printer   Samsung ML-1430 Series (SPL)
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (quack-attack server
(Samba 3.0.7-Debian))
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (quack-attack server
(Samba 3.0.7-Debian))
        pwq             Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[QUACK-ATTACK] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.7-Debian]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        MSHOME               QUACK-ATTACK

Shouldn't "smbclient -L localhost"  give the same output as "smbclient
-L localhost -U pquack"?

Anyone know how to make it give the same output?

--
Peter Quackenbush
pquack@gmail.com

Welcome thy neighbor into thy fallout shelter.  He'll come in handy if
you run out of food.
     --Dean McLaughlin