Re: New user Q: Best way to stay up to date on "testing"?

DR >> If anyone has advise on how to keep a Testing system secure,
DR >> I'd really like to hear it.
DR >
DR >If security is really an issue to you: lots of websites exist on how to
make
DR >a linux system secure, involving very strict SSH settings, firewalls, etc.
DR >
DR >For the average user (such as myself) though, I think it should be enough
DR >update your programs (packages) regularly, in order to not be harmed by
DR >script kiddies exploiting recent security leaks.....

Thanks for the advise. Just to clarify: When I wrote that I was specifically
thinking of the fact that the security team doesn't put out updates for
stable -- I didn't mean securing as in settings and configuration. My fault,
I wasn't clear.

So what I meant was, what method do people using Testing use to stay up to
date when a security patch is released for Stable and not for Testing.

Reading some old Debian Sec Advisories makes me think that updates really are
released with some regularity for Testing. But the official Security FAQ says
that the Security Team does not really stay on top of making sure patches are
available for "Testing".

Thanks again.

Jonathan Wilson
Cedar Creek Software     http://www.cedarcreeksoftware.com