FAT32 as mount for /home?

Hello,
	I got an official "woody" set and am now setting it up, and am
wondering if this "bright" idea of mine is actually advisable.
	I thought that if I mounted a seperate and small partition as
the /home directory, as well as using the same partition for storing
documents and user files from my Windows 2000 Pro (the other side of
my dual boot system,)  that I could write a batch to backup this small
partition to another small partition, and have all my data from both
my systems backed up at once.
	On the surface, it looks to me like an efficient "hack,"  but
I know that somebody else must have thought of this before and tried
it.  Can that FAT32 structure handle all of /homes files?
Particularly "dot" files?!
Thanks
---
Scotty