sound blaster live! - 5.1 sound (setup) problem

Hi all,

I can't get proper sound out of my SB Live! card. I do have a good sound
in subwoofer, center, and seemingly in rear left speaker, but no sound
in both front speakers and low volume sound in rear right one.

I've studied the alsamixer, hoping its setting is the only problem, but
the result was as described above. I'm pretty sure about all mixer
setting, except the EMU10K1 PCM, EMU10K1 PCM send, and EMU10K1 PCM send
routing - i've no idea how to set these, and whether they will have any
effect.

Moreover, i don't have any sound in headphones. Is there a way to switch
the output between headphones and 5.1 sound, such as it is possible with
Window$ driver and utils?

I've read many questions and answers regarding SB Live! problems, but
none was like this. The only thing i've found is that the card SHOULD
work just fine :O) On Window$ it works perfectly, so i think there is no
HW problem...

Any hints about how to solve this?

I'm running the 2.6.5 kernel and have compiled the alsa sb live! as a
module.

jano