Re: Good tool for light photo editing?

Jon Dowland wrote:

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:31:41 -0400, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
I just got my first set of pictures on CD's (vacation pics), and I wan't to
put them up on my web server.

What's a good tool to do some really lightweight editeing on them with?
Mostly I just need to rotate the vertical ones, but I _might_ do just a
little cropping on some few.

Wow a lot of replies - and a lot of gimp advocacy - but not one
mention of gallery.

I took a look at gallery (in woody) only last night but was very
impressed with what I saw. Install it on your webserver, and it will
handle uploading and importing the pictures, generating thumbnails,
etc. It also provides just the lightweight editing facilities you need
- namely, rotation and a touch of cropping.

The problem with gallery is that it requires Apache; not all of us want to run a web server just to edit some pix.

--
Kent