Wine is segfaulting after upgrade

I am running Sarge and have been very happy with the way that wine has been working (actually running winword for when I need complete compatablity). A few days ago, however, wine got updated when I did an 'apt-get upgrade' and it now segfaults with the following error in the log file:

$ cat /tmp/wine.log.sySWlj
/usr/bin/wine: line 474: 3835 Segmentation fault $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $DASH "$@"

Does anyone know what is causing this?

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling my previous version of wine, wine-utils and libwine, but I am still getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Marc Shapiro