downloading selected source packages automatically

I have to compile many packages from source because some of my patches
are not applied upstream. So I download the source package (dsc, diff.gz
& tar.gz), dpkg-source it, apply my patches, dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot, install it and mark it for hold so when upgrading a newer
version isn't installed.

I'd like to have this process automated as much as possible so I'd like
to have the source packages I need downloaded when there are new
versions and the old sources removed (as I won't use them anymore)

So I have, in a folder,  something like:
glibc_2.3.2.ds1-16.diff.gz
glibc_2.3.2.ds1-16.dsc
glibc_2.3.2.ds1.orig.tar.gz

and just running a command have that files upgraded to the latest
version.

Is there a command to do that?
What about automating the whole process as much as possible?