Re: can scp continue/resume during transfer data?

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:04:59PM +0200, bing yu wrote:
>  Hi list, can scp continue resume during transfer data?
>  I read the man page and did found the answer.

scp itself can't.

However, rsync can and that runs quite happily (by default iirc) over
ssh. E.g. if this fails half-way through:
    scp ./local/file remotehost:/path/to/remote/file

then you should be able to continue with
    rsync --partial ./local/file remotehost:/path/to/remote/file
(repeate rsync until you get a successful transfer).

Of course, with a decent network,  the scp transfer should not break in
the first place...

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jørgensen