Connecting to a particular SSID

I've got ndiswrapper working with my Broadcom 4306 using my Windows
driver, and I've got wpasupplicant installed.

There are two SSIDs within range of me: mine (which is WPA/54g) and
another (unprotected open 802.11b at neighbors house).

"ifup wlan0" connects me to neighbors SSID, I get an IP and can surf the
web.  Nice of my neighbor to have that, that means I know the driver is
working.

But how can I specify the SSID and connect to mine?  I've read the
commands to make wpa_supplicant start working:

wpa_supplicant -Dndiswrapper -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -d

How can I make "ifup wlan0" call this?  /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
contains my SSID and WPA shared private key.