Re: Increase Max Threads

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:29:27 -0700 (PDT), saravanan ganapathy
<sarav_gsa@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hai,
>
> i) What is the limit on the max number of threads on
> debian woody (2.4.18-bf2.4) ?
>   How to find this?

I'm not sure with kernel 2.4.x, but you should find this with

cat /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max

> ii) How to increase? What will be the recommended max
> value to increase?

Probably with something like "echo some-reasonable-number >
/proc/sys/kernel/threads-max". I don't know about the recommended max
value, i think the default value is good enough, depends on your usage
and your HW, and even if you have support for the NPTL/NPGT or what is
used now...

Andrea