Re: sound works in gnome, not kde

On Sunday 26 September 2004 23:50, xucaen@comcast.net wrote:
> My sources.list is pointint to testing. I just did a dist-upgrade.
> I just installed a new soundblaster live pci sound card. I installed the
> alsa emu10k1 driver. gnome has sound, but kde doesn't.  Games under both
> gnome and kde have sound. I set up all the sound files in kde so they
> should be working...  is this a know bug? How di I get sound to work
> under kde?
>

> jim

We need more information to help you.  What, specifically, works?  What
doesn't work?  Are you saying KDE events don't make sound?  Or are you
saying that KDE apps don't make sounds?  For example, can you play music
files with noatun or juk?

Also, are you running KDE and Gnome at the same time?  If you are, I'm
guessing that the sound daemon in Gnome grabbed the sound device first, and
has it locked.  For KDE to play sound, you'll need to stop the Gnome sound
daemon.

Justin Guerin