RE: Tripwire

So ... I have this thing fairly stable. 14 /etc items seem to change daily due
to their chron or daemon execution. Can live with this. (Results with
alternatives such as aide should be similar--the ideal monitoring package
would track upgrades and logrotations et al  and not squawk at these.)

RIght now, I have /var and /proc excluded because of their volativity. I
assume there are specific items/directories in these which SHOULD be
monitored. Can anyone tell me which ones?