Firefox 'stretched' printing

I mentioned[1] this problem a few weeks ago, in the hopes that someone
would be able to tell me how to fix it. A few people replied that they
were experiencing the problem, but no suggestions were forthcoming for
how to fix it.

Is there anyone out there who has had this problem and successfully
fixed it?

For the record, I'm running Debian unstable (updated today) with a
build of X11/R6.8.1 from X.org instead of the stock XFree server. (But
the problem was exactly the same with the stock XFree server.)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/08/msg09264.html
  %<snip>%
  For a few weeks now I've been getting "stretched" printing from
  Firefox. By that I mean that all the text is vertically elongated so
  that the page runs off the bottom of the physical paper.

  Printing works from other applications. I've been hoping this would
  just go away with some upgrade of Firefox, but it's persisted long
  enough to become irritating.
  %<snip>%

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything has been said before, but