samba versus nfs

Hello,

If I have a file server that has a samba server installed and is accessed by
both linux and WinXP machines do I really need NFS installed and running?
My understanding is that samba is more secure than NFS and since one can
mount a samba server from a linux machine via mntsamba I am wondering if there
is any reason to use NFS?  Any thoughts?

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

            The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people
               forget that certain other sets of psople are human
                                       -
                                 Aldous Huxley