Re: bash profile does not get loaded?

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 13:08, Arne Götje
(=?utf-8?q?=E9=AB=98=E7=9B=9B=E8=8F=AF?=) wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2004 17:58, Blake Swadling wrote:
> > try calling it /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xfree86-common_xim. It is very
> > picky about the name format as i mentioned previously
>
> Even this doesn't work. I have attached the file, maybe someone can take
> a look. :)

I had a look and it seems fine. I have attached a modified version of
your script with trace inserted (well i hope it is attached as evolution
does not show any icons for some stoopid reason). It generates the
following output when it is run on my unstable box ... this is expected
as is did not create the config files.

<trace>
running xim
/etc/X11/Xmodmap does not exist
/home/bswadling/.Xmodmap does not exist
XMODIFIERS are set to @im=xcin
xim complete
</trace>

try running it one your box and see what you get

Cheers

Blake Swadling
Senior Software Engineer
Newton Pty Ltd

Telephone:
+61 2 6247 3544
Fax:
+61 2 6247 3533
Mobile:
+61 407 026277
Web:
http://www.newton.com.au
SYSMODMAP="/etc/X11/Xmodmap"
USRMODMAP="$HOME/.Xmodmap"
MODMAP="/usr/bin/X11/xmodmap"
TRACEFILE="${HOME}/xim.trace"

echo "running xim" > ${TRACEFILE}

if [ -x $MODMAP ]; then
   if [ -f "$SYSMODMAP" ]; then
      #xmodmap "$SYSMODMAP"
      echo "$SYSMODMAP loaded" >>  ${TRACEFILE}
   else
      echo "$SYSMODMAP does not exist" >> ${TRACEFILE}
   fi

   if [ -f "$USRMODMAP" ]; then
      #xmodmap "$USRMODMAP"
      echo "$USRMODMAP loaded" >> ${TRACEFILE}
   else
      echo "$USRMODMAP does not exist" >> ${TRACEFILE}
   fi
else
   echo "$MODMAP does not exist or is not executable" >> ${TRACEFILE}
fi

export XMODIFIERS=@im=xcin
echo "XMODIFIERS are set to ${XMODIFIERS}" >> ${TRACEFILE}

/usr/local/bin/xcin -x xcin &
/usr/bin/X11/kinput2 -canna &
/usr/bin/chinput &

echo "xim complete" >> ${TRACEFILE}