Re: Suggestions Invited

Mark Lijftogt <mark@qut.nl> writes:

> time a good choice for a production enviroment, and even then it's
> possible to run the stable
> base, and mix it with unstable.

Is that really possible, or is it just a teoretical possibility?  I
mean, just between Woody and current Sid, we have a different GCC
version, and possibly (I don't know for sure) libc version.
Applications compiled for g++ 3.x aren't compatible applications
compiled against g++ 2.95.x.  So, if you include unstable in your
sources, won't you pretty much upgrade a large percentage of your system
(if not most of your system)?

I've run testing and unstable, but that's because testing and unstable are
pretty close when it comes to the environment.

--
John L. Fjellstad